Costs and Fees
There are several categories of expenses when adopting from Ukraine:
Direct Adoption Expenses
The Average Adoption Cost Estimate for adopting from Ukraine is $17,000-$20,000.* These costs include the following:
- Filing fees
- Ukrainian Passport for your newly adopted child
- U.S. immigration and U.S. Embassy fees
This includes flights to and from Ukraine and ground transportation, while in Ukraine for your adoption as well as your personal accommodations and food. The final cost of your Ukrainian adoption is influenced most by your travel related expenses and spending in country. Adoption Services International will consult with you closely to help you bugdget for anticipated expenses. Travel expenses can range from $5,500 to $15,000 depending on your specific travel, accommodation and meal requirements in Ukraine as well as the location of the Ukrainian orphanage.
Adoption Services International works with families throughout the adoption process. Our fee is all-inclusive and covers the following services:
- Experienced consulation on gathering documentation.
- Advice on your preparation and submission of your Ukrainian adoption dossier of documents.
- Education and advice for preparing for your Ukrainian adoption referral meeting at the SDA.
- Help arranging travel and accommodation in Ukraine.
- Interpretation and translation services while in Ukraine.
- Problem solving.
- Responsive, caring support and guidance throughout the adoption process.
Our Consultation Service Fee is charged as a flat fee of $4,000.
*Please see the Ukrainian Adoption process and cost notes for further explanation of costs. Home study's are done by State licensed agencies and contract and payment for this process is directly between the client and the home study provider.
Adoption Services International is a consulting firm providing consultation to families in the US and Ukraine to assist them with the Ukrainian adoption process. ASI does not make placements. ASI is not an adoption agency, facilitator, nor intermediary assisting in the placement, selection and/or matching of adoptive parents with birth parents or children. ASI does not represent itself as such, nor does it offer such services, nor receive payment for such services. ASI conducts no services that are defined as Adoption Services under the Universal Accreditation Act.